Monday 11 May 2015

I Can - D Blog Week 2015

I had promised myself that I would spend last weekend having a think about all my blog topics and really try and do them justice.
Instead, I forgot and now I'm tip typing away while I sit on a bus on my way into work.
I guess I'm supposed to feel empowered by this topic but I can't help but feel disemppwered. I think in a roundabout sort of way that's a good thing though. How will I know if I feel empowered unless I've felt the other side of it? The powerlessness of disempowerment? So I can't help but sit and think about all the times Diabetes has frustrated me, brought me to tears and that one time I threw my meter across the room.
After thinking all of this I take a step back in my mind, readjust my way of thinking and ponder all the things I'm proud of.
- My 4.5 year relationship and soon to be marriage (bring on March 2016!). I'm proud to have a healthy strong relationship where we can communicate effectively and have fun. And I have someone always offering snuggles after a crappy D day.
- My education. I have two degrees, one in Law and an honours degree in Classics. They represent my university years, my all nighters, my library sessions and a lot of hard work.
- My diabetes management. I spent a whole bunch of time trying to pretend I didn't have diabetes, ignoring the bsl's, the lethargy from high blood sugars and my health in general. About 3 years ago I finally started to be an active participant in my health, fast forward 3 years and I'm now rocking life with an insulin pump. My managment still isnt where I'd want it to be but I'm rocking my lowest A1c in 8 years.
All of these I'm damn proud of. They're all things I can, and have done!

Edit: I think I'm supposed to put the link to Karen's magic linky list of other blogs -  am currently blogging from cellphone so I can't put up the link but will next time I'm at the computer! 

5 comments:

Kelley said...

Congrats on your A1C! And congratulations on your upcoming marriage :)

S said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
S said...

Thank you it's been a long time coming (both the a1c and marriage!) :)

S said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen said...

The biggest thing I take from this is that although it gets tough, you can keep going. And that's huge!!

No worries, you don't have to put the link lists in your posts. What ever is easiest for you works for me!